I’m all for representation. In a country so obsessed with race, representation and presentation in media matters. But expecting the powers that be to change that is pointless, after all actor Z is getting the same role shucking and jiving that actor A got 100 years ago. As a person that wants to see more representation and good presentation, you have to become a content creator. Create the content that you want to see and share it with everyone. Don’t wait for someone else to write the story about the american born bi girl of japanese decent that saves the earth from a meteor. do it yourself.
It’s everything you thought it would be in a banned video from a fictional college.
Who wants to drink wine and watch Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters with me?
I had my fair share of shit. But strictly speaking on shit related to friends and school. I had an array of friends from so many different backgrounds as a kid. I couldn’t say I had more black, asian, white or etc friends. It was just a melting pot. The older we got the more I noticed that everyone was moving into what was supposed to be their “group” (by race). Rob hung with more asians, Zach with more pakistanis, Lawrence with more african-americans, Kim, Sarah, Eric, etc. I stayed dead center. Still, the older I got the more I felt different forces pushing me towards my “group” and while I didn’t reject that group I didn’t want that to define me. I struggled to stay dead center. Eventually, I realized I was alone. Or at least I felt it. I found rejection on many fronts. “Not black enough for the black kids, not white enough for the white kids” comes to mind. “Staying on my ‘me’ shit but hated on by both sides”. Dealing with that sense of abandonment (in addition to many other fucked up things) caused me to put multiple fronts which….Anyways, I am tired of typing. lol
You would think that a generation that watched so much shit/media about treating each other right, not judging, money isn’t everything, and looking deeper would be doing a lot better than it is.
and this is for all the white people that think it’s okay to say nigga
How bout other Races, for example I’m 100 percent Latino. Can the word nigga come out of my mouth?
just dont fucking speak. why the fuck u wanna say it so bad like omg go away you annoyin my life
Why? Because it’s like they got a box of cookies. In that box they got macadamia, sugar cookies, peanut butter, snickerdoodle, and fucking chocolate chip and they refuse to share. So we come out and we make oatmeal raisin (which really isnt that great) and say “this is our shit”. All of a sudden it’s like well we got all the cookies but not that one. Why can’t we have it? We deserve to have it. Why do only you get to have it? I know that might make zero fucking sense but whenever I get that question, I liken it to a 5 year old whining about the one cookie they can’t have when they already got all the better ones.
People that say “I want someone that can hold a conversation” are usually the ones that:
A. Can’t hold a conversation
B. Boring shit
Preferring to date a race isn’t racist! It’s like preferring a certain hair color or height
Let me break this down:
- Race is a social construct invented by Western Europeans to justify chattel slavery. Preferences aren’t biological or something you are born with, because race didn’t even exist until about 500 years ago.
- Among PoC, there is no race/ethnic group/country where all the people have anything in common besides being from a certain part of the world. Among PoC, there is no race where every member has the same skin color, hair color, hair type, eye color, language, clothing, culture, etc.
- The only race whose members all have something in common is white- all white people have to have light skin in order to be white. This rule was created by white people themselves, and is intentionally exclusive.
- Don’t even pretend that you don’t know there is a racial hierarchy in beauty. Everyone knows that in Western culture white women are seen as the most desirable, black women are seen as the least desirable, and everyone else is in the middle. Funny how these “innate” and “random” preferences seem to line up perfectly with white beauty standards/white supremacist ideals.
- No more false equivalencies. PoC not wanting to date white people is not the same as the reverse. PoC almost never believe that white people are unattractive/ugly, they just find it too difficult to meet a white person who is actively unlearning and working to dismantle white supremacy.
- Stop trying to defend yourself. If you have racial or ethnic preferences, whether they are positive or negative, you are the problem, stop blaming it on everyone else. You have to acknowledge and unlearn whatever stereotype you’ve absorbed.
Like a previous post I made, this post is also not a place to try to debate whether racial preferences are bad or not. I’ve made my statement based on pretty obvious facts about Western culture and white supremacy. If you don’t agree, move on.
However, feel free to share your experiences with this (either involving you or someone else).
I see y’all